Monday, February 20, 2006

Seriously?

I just finished laying Sophie down for her nap and I'm in Holden's room getting him ready for his. Suddenly I hear this terrifying shriek come from Sophie's room. It sounded so bad I thought Satan himself had appeared in her bed and was trying to claw her heart out!
I run in there and see her shaking and crying so hard that her cries are silent.
"WHAT? WHAT? WHAT IS IT?!?" thinking maybe a scorpion had gotten her, or she hurt herself, or saw a monster. Something horrible had definitely just happened.
After a few minutes of trying to calm her down enough so she could speak, she clues me in.
"You forgot to put on my shirt Mommy!" She still had her pajama shirt on.
"Are you serious Sophie? You are totally freaking out over your pajama shirt?"
Yes that was it.
No blood. No scorpions. No kidnappers in her room. She gave me a near heart attack. I am still shaking
And it was over a shirt.
Seriously people. (And this is reason #2 why Mommy needs a beer each and every night.)

12 comments:

Tammy said...

OMG. Girls are so weird like that.

I had to change my 2 year old's outfit 3 times on picture day because she did NOT like the outfits she had on. Such the diva.

Kat said...

She's such a silly. But seriously, who can sleep in the same pajama top? Come on missy, get with the program... :)

Spikey1 said...

MY BOY CAN! lol

Me said...

There's a girl for ya. :)

Nap Queen said...

Oh wow, just wait til you put on the wrong shoes!!! Glad everything was okay, though

Unknown said...

Come on, mom, monsters don't exist :)

Unknown said...

Only Sophie would even notice that.

Random and Odd said...

awwww...I'm so glad my kids are past that...but now I get that blood curdling scream when one of them is wearing their shirt!!
This is why I need a glass of wine...once an hour.

Christie E. Little said...

Oh baby...my Kelsey was so pissy because I couldn't find her Pink tank with little sequins on it, for under her little velour outfit! It was in the washer, but she didn't believe me.

Ok...she cried real tears and told me I didn't understand her style! She's 11!!!

I'm sipping a Jack and Diet Coke right this second!
xoxo
C

Spikey1 said...

PS. What is a soul patch dear?

Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I fixed the "her" link. It works now!

Amy said...

Got here through mmc's comments. LOVED your red top at the blog weekend thingy.

My daughter is manic about her socks. If I put one on and the toe part is twisted she goes into convulsions. It's fun.